This page is currently being updated.
Hopefully we will have minimal snow disruption this year but this is to inform you of school's procedures should there be severe weather conditions.
School will only close if to open it would be a real health and safety issue for our children. Circumstances in which school might be forced to close could be:
- There is no safe access into school
- There is no hot water or heating
- There are not enough staff in school to supervise our children adequately
- If school is to close the decision will be made before the start of the school day
Once it has been decided that school is to open, it will remain open until normal closing time at 3.30pm so as not to disrupt parents' working days.
It may be necessary in extreme circumstances to cancel Breakfast Club (if staff are unable to get in on time or if more time is needed to make entry to school safe) and after school clubs.
Parents are to assume that school is open and Breakfast and After School Clubs are ON unless they are informed otherwise.
If there are any changes (i.e. closures or cancellations) to the day the procedures are as follows:
- The admin team will text all parents to inform them of changes
- Our school website will be updated asap to inform parents of any changes http://www.woodsettsprimary.co.uk
- Mrs Walker will inform all local radio stations (Radio Sheffield, Hallam FM and Rother FM). Listen out for news and check their websites.
Mrs Walker will contact the authority so that they can publish changes on their website - http://www.rotherham.gov.uk
Hopefully, there will not be any significant disruption and school will not close. If you need any more information, please do not hesitate to get in touch.